[Sugar-devel] Manifests obsolescence in new Sugar versions

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Fri Mar 9 12:53:19 EST 2012

In first place, would be good if you put all the files needed to create the
bundle in git.
Then anybody else who want experiment, modify, etc, can do it.
Git works great with binary/big files too.
If not, you should ask for support of MANIFEST files at build time,
may be as a option. If the file exist, is used, if not use the list from
git.
Another option is create a custom setup file.
I did it in the wikipedia activity, because the data files are huge,
and I use the same activity with different directories with the data for
every language,
then the logic to create the bundle is not standard.
In your case I think the best is add the files to git.

Gonzalo