[Sugar-devel] virtual appliances are virtualiser specific?

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Fri Mar 9 03:48:03 EST 2012

I have used VMware Player to run them [1]:
I have not tested further on this topic.

On Creating a New VirtualBox Appliance:

"Please choose the type of file that you would like to use for the new
virtual disk.
If you do not need to use it with other virtualization software you can
leave this setting unchanged."
*VDI (VirtualBox Disk Image)
*VMDK (Virtual Machine Disk)

  *VHD    (Virtual Hard Disk)
  *HDD    (Parallels Hard Disk)

There may be a way to convert them.
  I use the VMDK format.

[1]
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Creation_Kit#VMware_Player_Virtualization

>     VMware Player 4.0 will now work with exported Virtual Box
>     appliances (see Below)
>     It still works with the compressed VMware Player files below

Tom Gilliard