[Sugar-devel] Sugar module build is broken by translations

Chris Leonard cjl at laptop.org
Sat Jun 16 04:19:37 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 10:52 AM, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:
> Chris, can you please have another look.
>
> Thanks,
>   Simon who awaits to have a buildbot again soon

Simon,

As unfortunate as it is that you've waited a day or more for a fix,
please allow me to point out that I had attempted raise this issue
proactively on this list over two weeks ago, and got absolutely not
response.

With Sugar 0.96 released, when to fork Pootle?
http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2012-June/037775.html

Admittedly I mistakenly used the word "fork" when I should have said
"branch", but my meaning should have been clear from context.

Please create the sucrose-0.96 branches for sugar-base and
sugar-toolkit as requested in my previous message so I can properly
and unambiguously branch in Pootle,  which will give me more latitude
to attempt fixes without risking unrecoverable loss of work by the
localization community.

In addition, I have had not yet gotten any feedback on whether the
trimming of the obsoleted strings had any impact on the issues
encountered with the aym or id PO files during the build process.
That would be very useful information to have, even if the km issue is
not exactly the same.

I sincerely appreciate the work you've done and continue to do as
release manager and understand all-too-well the frustration that can
result from waiting for someone else to do their part of a large
collaborative process with lots of rapidly moving pieces

Regards,

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator