[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Sugar Digest 2012-06-10

Kevin Mark kevin.mark at verizon.net
Tue Jun 12 18:25:09 EDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 08:28:30AM -0500, Yamandu Ploskonka wrote:

> (kudos for Gnome! BTW, I had been pushing for some XO-based
> microcontroller work -
> http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/OLPC_XO-1 as part of
> eat-my-own-catfood in enabling the XO for real-world use)
> (last weekend I was at a local (Austin, Texas, USA) High School
> track. Nearby were the dumpsters. End-of-the-year dumpsters. Since
> it probably does not happen that way in Boston, let me indicate that
> here they were overflowing with "learning" materials. Pricy stuff,
> not necessarily useful, but what passes as education in these
> parts.)
Cool, I had bought a Launchpad when they came out (2 yrs ago?) and was able to
compile the GCC bits for it on my XO-1.5. But had not tried to use my XO-1.
You probably have seem the proposed plans to make an XOduino and XOstick.
Thanks for writing notes for the XO-1/Launchpad. I think I noted some
intermittent issues with the kernal/usb/Launchpad where it would create a
/dev/TTYACM01 and then 02 (I dont recall the specifics) and when I tried to
access the device via Python, my code was referrring to the wrong device node.
And I had to disconnect the usb cable for it to work.

--
|  .''`.  == Debian GNU/Linux ==.| http://kevix.myopenid.com......|
| : :' :     The Universal OS....| mysite.verizon.net/kevin.mark/.|

Victory uber allies!