[Sugar-devel] slackware

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Jun 10 21:42:08 EDT 2012

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 12:28:23PM +0100, andrew wrote:
> sugar can be installed onto a hard drive running ubuntu (at least
> you used to be able to do it)

Yes.  Using Sweets Distribution method seems best for that at the
moment, since there is greater lag in the Ubuntu Distribution
packaging than in Sweets Distribution.

See http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sweets_Distribution

> is the position about no support for installing onto a hard drive
> running  slackware 13.37 the same?

I have seen no progress.  The Slackware Distribution packaging has
infinite lag.  Aleksey's advice to you on 15th December 2011 is still
current.

Sugar depends on GNOME libraries.  Wikipedia says GNOME was dropped
from Slackware Linux.  I've checked each of the listed GNOME packaging
teams, and none of them seem to mention Sugar.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/