[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] Etoys translations

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 22:05:27 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
> Due to the high number of translatable phrases, translators prefer separate PO files. Squeak + Etoys has more strings than the rest of Sugar combined.

Yes, multiple PO files are good for a project this big.

> We could merge all MO files in the build process (and this would have some other advantages, so I like it), but it would be another "specialty" of Etoys where PO names to not match the MO.
>
>> - if not, can they be renamed with a prefix like you suggested?
>
> I see no technical reason why that should not work. It will require code changes, but they should be minor. And it will require coordination with Pootle - I could easily change the file names in SVN, but Pootle may get confused.

Bert, we will do whatever is needed on the Pootle side of things to
make this work as smoothly as possible.  I am actually interested in
exploring and learning more about the commit connections to an SVN
repo as I would like to do hook up direfct commit for the AbiWord SVN.

All that is necessary is a little coordination of effort to minimize
downtime, I have every confidence we can work it out.

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator