[Sugar-devel] Object Chooser (was Re: Etoys mp3 files)

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Jun 5 09:57:51 EDT 2012

On 05.06.2012, at 15:33, Ajay Garg wrote:

> Bert,
>
> A small query ::
>
> I have the version "etoys4.1".
> Is the "5.0.2406" version based on a higher release version of Fedora?

Fedora is a Linux distribution. Etoys is an application. Your question makes no sense to me.

Or are you asking if Etoys 5 requires Fedora 17? No, it does not. Etoys is cross-platform and hopefully works everywhere. See

	http://squeakland.org/download/

And poke around on that site to see what makes Etoys special (and not just weird). In particular, read the articles at

	http://squeakland.org/resources/articles/

For testing purposes I build my own rpms (including etoys 5):

	http://etoys.laptop.org/

Or you might install from the source tar balls at

	http://download.sugarlabs.org/sources/sucrose/glucose/etoys/

[You can actually update from etoys 4.1 but that's not officially supported. It will take a lot longer, and you will not get the new supporting files like translations etc. You need to say "yes" when asked to advance to etoys 5, "no" when asked to load newest packages. Then update again, this time you can say "yes" to the newest packages.]

- Bert -