[Sugar-devel] Compiling sugar with jhbuild in Fedora 17

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Mon Jun 4 17:09:27 EDT 2012

On 06/04/2012 09:14 PM, Manuel Kaufmann wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 7:53 AM, Manuel Kaufmann<humitos at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> I'm dealing with this problem now. I couldn't compile and run Sugar
>> Jhbuild in my new Fedora 17 installation. Here is my shell.log:
>> http://fpaste.org/L67g/
>>
>> I had to skip two steps in the compilation process related with
>> telepathy because it fails. I use option 2) (ignore and continue)
>
> OK!
>
> I did exactly the same steps BUT in Fedora 17 64 bits and I have
> sugar-emulator compiled with jhbuild working without any problem.
>
> I couldn't find the problem in Fedora 17 i386. Let's give it as activity
> to the lector :P
> (I think we should find it out)
>
> See you,

I put it as a point for discussion for tomorrow's developer meeting. We
should see where we want to invest in terms of sugar-jhbuild.

As well I think for an Activity developer there is no need to use
sugar-jhbuild. He can use the system installation. Gonzalo is there a
page that describes the basic steps to do to develop an activity, let's
say on Fedora? I found [1] which is a bit more global advice when
looking around. The guidelines at [2] are nice as well but do not talk
about how to setup the environment. Any pointers welcome.

Regards,
    Simon

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activity_Team/Creating_a_New_Activity
[2] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activity_Team/Modifying_an_Activity