[Sugar-devel] With Sugar 0.96 released, when to fork Pootle?

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 14:54:53 EDT 2012

The subject pretty much says it all.

At some point, we will freeze the current Glucose as Glucose 0.96 and
the new Glucose will be where work on Sugar 0.97 takes place.  So when
should that happen?

Given the ongoing state of movement from gtk2 to gtk3, I would also
like to ask if it would be prudent and wise to freeze a Fructose 0.96
string set or not.

This may not not be particularlry urgent (especially if there are
0.96.x releases still to come),  I am just trying to stay ahead of the
curve on how our L10n infrastructure needs to adapt to match the
status of releases.   I'm trying to think out the work plan for the
Honey split (more on that in a later message) and think about how this
might work in with a migration onto the expected hardware and upgraded
Pootle version.  Thanks for any insight.

Warmest Regards,

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator