[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Proposal: Contol-Panel packaging

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Fri Jul 27 11:42:12 EDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 7:51 PM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:
> I would like to propose a feature for discussion and inclusion in the
> 0.98 cycle is packaging all control-panel applets as rpms. As this
> discussion does not impact the UI and more of a packaging issue I'm an
> not creating a Features page. The discussion can take place here on the
> mailing-list.

This sounds like a good idea. Indeed, its not a sugar feature request,
its more a packaging detail.

Peter, what do you think about splitting the cpsection extensions (in
/usr/share/sugar) into individual subpackages, to be selected by the
Sugar Desktop group but not as direct dependencies of the Sugar
packages? For F18+

Thanks,
Daniel