[Sugar-devel] VirtualBox, Soas and Samba on Ubuntu 12.04 ?

laurent bernabe laurent.bernabe at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 05:11:49 EDT 2012

Hello everyone,

I've just imported the new Soas virtualbox appliance from the page Soas
image<http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/Quandong/Virtual_machines>
into
VirtualBox 4.1.18 on Ubuntu 12.04 64 bits.
And I am trying to share files between Sugar and Ubuntu

   1. I created a shared folder on my host system with Samba (a
   bidirectional one).
   2. I've set the sugar network to a bridge access, with my wlan interface
   3. I created a local server with the following command from
terminal : *python
   -m SimpleHTTPServer* => Let's say 3.3.3.3 adress on port 8000
   4. And from the sugar system, I tried to access http://3.3.3.3:8000 from
   the browse activity, but it did not manage

So I would like to know if I missed a step, or is it because Sugar doesn't
allow such a functionnality ?

I should give you all informations that you need in order to help me, if
you ask me to.

Thanks in advance :)