[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Proposal: Multi-Selection and Batch Operations on Journal entries

Samuel Greenfeld greenfeld at laptop.org
Wed Jul 18 09:33:44 EDT 2012

I see in the final screenshots that all of the selected items are
deselected.

Is this automatic, or does the user have to choose the "deselect all"
button to do this?

Personally I would prefer if the checkboxes remain selected in the source
view (if not an erase operation that removes the item).  That would allow
the user to do multiple actions (Copy then Erase for a "Move"), and confirm
after the operation that they selected the items they intended to select.

It seems from these screenshots like we are trying to indicate copying
progress by deselecting items as we copy them, and I do not know of another
OS that does that.