[Sugar-devel] [Design] Shouldn't new clippings stack in the clipboard?

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 15 12:17:24 EDT 2012

Hi Eduardo,

On 21 Apr 2012, at 14:35, Eduardo H. Silva wrote:

> No dia 20 de Abril de 2012 18:30, Eduardo H. Silva
> <hoboprimate at gmail.com> escreveu:
>> Wouldn't it be feel more natural to have the new clipping stack on top
>> of the older ones,  not to have them push the list upwards? It would
>> also stay consistent with how objects are added on the other sides of
>> the frame.
>
> And in this spirit, clipping notifications should appear on the
> top-left corner, as they are arriving objects, like with activity
> notifications right now which arrive from the top_right_, and in the
> future buddies notifications on the bottom-right, and devices on the
> bottom-left.

Well spotted, agreed, the Frame is a clockwise based design. It's a behaviour that's been in there for a while, so might annoy some to make this change now, we may want to hold off just now and revisit it once we improve notification animations (will help once we move to a composited window manager) or need other work on the clipboard frame. Could you open a bugs.SL.org ticket and add 'design' as a keyword so we don't loose this?

Regards,
--Gary