[Sugar-devel] test automation

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 12:30:32 EDT 2012

On 1 July 2012 14:31, Samuel Greenfeld <greenfeld at laptop.org> wrote:
> It was unclear though if I was enabling AT-SPI correctly or if Dogtail was
> falsely thinking that it was turned on properly.  This setting differs
> between environments [1], and X has to be restarted to make it take effect.

Things has changed quite a bit recently. It was pretty easy to get it
to work on Fedora 17. Hopefully Ubuntu will package dogtail 0.8.0 at
some point too.

These days I think all you need is GTK_MODULES=gail:atk-bridge in the
environement, both for dogtail and the applications. No X restarting.

> I may have been hampered a bit by trying to find a toolkit with a graphical
> browser (to find controls without inspecting source code) during the GTK2 to
> GTK3 transition.  Although AT-SPI is not GTK-specific, I still ran into a
> lot of compilation/library mismatch issues.

sniff (part of dogtail) works from inside a sugar terminal, assuming
GTK_MODULES=gail:atk-bridge.