[Sugar-devel] [FEATURES][DESIGN] Network proxy configuration

Sascha Silbe silbe at activitycentral.com
Tue Jan 24 12:39:07 EST 2012

Excerpts from Gary Martin's message of 2012-01-23 03:02:59 +0100:

> Do you think this functionality could be folded into the Network CP UI or are there a heap of inputs? We could make better use of Network CP horizontal space regarding text blocks, and gain some vertical space to reduce potential scrolling overflows for adding an extra field with text description.

Even as a separate CP section, the user needs to scroll to see all
options. Suggestions for improvement are definitely welcome, though I'm
not sure what I'll be able to implement (e.g. tabs are not used in any
existing CP).

Please see the Proxy Settings Feature page [1] for screenshots of both
the proxy CP as currently implemented and the Gnome 2 proxy settings
dialog which we tried to mirror as closely as possible for consistency
between Gnome (which the users currently use to set proxies) and Sugar.

Sascha

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Proxy_Settings
--
http://sascha.silbe.org/