[Sugar-devel] Proposed addition to Sugar

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 07:09:55 EST 2012

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 1:26 AM, David Mason <damason at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Early last year for a university assignment I wrote a UI enhancement for Sugar, named Glycogen. Glycogen adds the ability to define and track learning pathways, made up of goals within different activities. My work includes a few example activities.
>
> It has been idle for a while, but I think it's about time I looked at whether it's appropriate to incorporate into the main Sugar distribution. If it is appropriate, I'll look at a time-frame for making the necessary code updates (I'm sure there will be many).
>
> There are several screenshots under the developer and user documentation: http://davidmason.github.com/glycogen/
> Note that the UI needs a lot of polishing - my focus during the project was getting the core functionality working, not to make a highly polished product.
>
> Code is hosted on github at the moment: https://github.com/davidmason/glycogen
>
> I invite your opinions and suggestions.

David,

You are, of course, free to keep your code where ever you would like,
but if you would like to get a significant number of actual users, it
would be advisable to be set up for i18n and L10n (most Sugar users do
not speak English).  This is much easier to do if you host your code
on the Sugar Labs Gitorious instance.

cjl\
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator