[Sugar-devel] Removing hippo from Chat

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Thu Jan 5 08:47:33 EST 2012

Hi Aleksey,
I have addressed the pending issues, and will send the patches to
sugar-devel.
Below comments to every issue:

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 3:22 PM, Gonzalo Odiard <gonzalo at laptop.org> wrote:

> I was working i removing the use of hippo in Chat activity.
> I have implemented a HBox type container to substitute the RoundBox,
> and used TextView to display the text.
>
> There are a few pending issues:
>
> * If the text writen in a message is longer than the horizontal space in
> one row,
> the box is widen, and the text is not sent to another row. I have tried
> using
> textview.set_wrap_mode(gtk.WRAP_WORD), but this cut every row with one
> word.

Solved

> * There are issue with the repainting of the cairo based RoundBox. The
> first row,
> after the activity alert is hidden, is not repainted.

I think this was a error testing in 1.75 with the old video driver. Now I
can't reproduce it.

> * The smiley images are aligned at bottom with the text.
> In the old Chat were aligned at middle and looked better.

This is the only pending issue, but I think is no so bad.

> * After changing to another activity and come back, the palette asociated
> to a url,
> show a error message " Cannot update the palette position." and is not
> displayed.

The pallete is ok.

I wait your review.

Gonzalo