[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Clock feature: grab the hands of the clock

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 12:46:57 EST 2012

2012/1/2 Manuel Quiñones <manuq at laptop.org>:
> Activity: Clock
>
> Feature: use the mouse to grab the hands of the clock

Nice feature.

> Open questions:

> The speak button should say the hour set by the child?

Yes, I would think so.

> What about the digital clock?  Implement grabbing on it too?

I would say the common paradigm for changing time on a digital clock
is an up and down arrow set.  Look at your oven, digital thermostat or
bedside clock for examples.  Some may have separate hour and minute
arrow sets, but a single arrow set (with accelerating change if held
down for more than a moment or two) is probably the most universal.