[Sugar-devel] sugar-emulator

Kalpa Welivitigoda callkalpa at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 07:48:19 EST 2012

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 3:47 PM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 9:03 AM, Kalpa Welivitigoda <callkalpa at gmail.com> wrote:
>> hi all,
>>
>> I am on F16 64 bit and I have sugar-emulator installed. I would like
>> to test chat activity and is there a possibility that I run two
>> sugar-emulators on the same machine so that they act as two different
>> sugar instances? That is I can chat between the two as two sugar
>> users.
>
> It won't work. I suggest you join the general jabber server at
> jabber.sugarlabs.org and use that.

I tried as instructed here [1]. And tried several other jabber servers
listed here [2]. But I couldn't see any other in my neighborhood view.
I doubt whether this is due to a technical issue or actually there are
no other users available.

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/How_to_connect_Sugar_to_a_Jabber_network
[2] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Community_Jabber_servers

--