[Sugar-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Sweets Distribution

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 07:47:07 EST 2012

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 1:37 AM, Ma Xiaojun <damage3025 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have same question. I know packaging maybe hard. But user would
> expect Sugar for all Ubuntu versions have official support.

Yes. Packaging is hard. And as far as I know, we've gotten little if
any feedback from the Ubuntu community about their Sugar use, so
little encouragement for the people doing the packaging. And as Sascha
pointed out in a previous message in this thread, some packaging
decisions made by Ubuntu in the past have made things more difficult
for us. All of that said, of course we want to have a great Sugar
experience on Ubunutu. So how do we go from hit and miss to making
this a sustained effort?

-walter

> Maybe the author focuses on 11.04 because Trisquel 5.0 is based on 11.04. Hmm.

Walter Bender
Sugar Labs
http://www.sugarlabs.org