[Sugar-devel] Can we be a little more friendly to Ubuntu users

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Sun Feb 26 21:20:43 EST 2012

On 02/26/2012 05:49 PM, Ma Xiaojun wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> My main reference is
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Community/Distributions/Ubuntu , I assume
> its accuracy. Please correct me when needed.
>
> The BIG picture I got:
> Install Sugar 0.90 is easy, but it is obsolete.
> Sugar is 0.94 is recommended, but, how to install it? What to do with
> the fancy link http://download.sugarlabs.org/packages/SweetsDistribution:/0.94/Ubuntu-11.04/

Look at these links:
  How to install sugar 0.94 in Ubuntu 11.04
      (Try to copy-paste the commands listed on the page into a Ubuntu
11.04 terminal)

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Community/Distributions/Sweets_Distribution#Sweets_Distribution_0.94

A VirtualBox importable appliance that works in most OS's
I have tested it in Ubuntu linux and OSX
NEW-completed yesterday
     (All of the work has been done here, just Download the 2 files and
import into Virtualbox)
      VirtualBox top menu bar: File/import_appliance

  http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Creation_Kit#Ubuntu_11.04-sweets-distribution_sugar_0.94

Tom Gilliard
satellit_on #sugar IRC freenode