[Sugar-devel] how to screenshare to a class

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 09:01:33 EST 2012

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 8:06 AM, Alexandro Colorado <acolorado at gmail.com> wrote:
> I find this a bit more on the user space than the devel space, but
> someone suggest me this was the better list for my question.
>
> Yesterday we ran our first sugar pilot and generate questions
> regarding showing activities to the class.
>
> Normally we would use a projector for such things, but I wonder if we
> can use the 'activity sharing' tool to show such things to the class.
>
> This will allow us to kill the 'dark room' projections, instead each
> student can view the material on their own display.
>
> Unfortunately we weren't able to get some basic sharing of some
> activities like Chat. Or at least not the way we were hoping to get.

I haven't tried it yet, but in theory, classroom broadcast [1], will
do the trick. I guess it is using VNCserver based on [2]. Not sure how
well it scales, but please try it and report back.

[1] http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4507
[2] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/Classroom_Broadcast

regards.

-walter