[Sugar-devel] Flashing Upstream Image allows to listen to boot-up sound ... but none other

nitika.mail nitika at activitycentral.com
Tue Dec 18 12:20:35 EST 2012

Hi All,

   Pursuing this issue, I tried to downgrade the Firmware on the XO-1 which
did not play the sound (and which had the latest firmware). This was an
attempt to verify whether downgrading the firmware would make the XO play
activity sounds:

Serial Number: CSN74802D48
Firmware: Q2E46

When I tried to flash Q2E45 from USB stick, I got a following message:

Restarting to enable SPI FLASH writing. Try again after system restarts

The system then automatically reboots and nothing happens! Going back to
the OK prompt, the firmware is seen as it was.

Repeating this process also bears the same result.

Would really appreciate any feedback on this!

Thanks and Regards,

Nitika Mangal
QA Manager
Activity Central: http://activitycentral.com