[Sugar-devel] Automated releases

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Mon Dec 17 06:41:07 EST 2012

There are a few advantages compared to the release script approach:

> * Less work. You just need to tag.
> * Access to shell.sugarlabs.org not required. You just need to get
> your activity added to sugar-build (which is also good for other
> reasons).

This is a good point, right now permissions in shell.sugarlabs.org
are a all or nothing fine grained.

> * configure.ac doesn't need to patched every time.

Why is this needed?

> I have it working for glucose. I'm waiting for the sysadmins to give
> access to buildbot to the sources dir, then I'll hook it up there. It
> should be easy to add support for fructose activities but I haven't
> figured out what to do with honey activities. Are we even releasing
> sources for those or they are available only as xo? Integration with
> aslo would be nice, but I don't know if it's possible.

Activities have a tricky part, some are in sources/sucrose/fructose/
and other in sources/honey/ and we don't have information in git
or sources to guess that. A list with activities in fructose should solve
it.

We release .tar.bz2 for activities packaged for Fedora.

In my opinion, the ideal solution should be generate the tar.bz from
the xo files in aslo. Aleksey proposed that too.

Gonzalo