[Sugar-devel] Timing problem with GCI tasks

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 15:48:29 EST 2012

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 3:45 PM, James Simmons <nicestep at gmail.com> wrote:
> Walter,
>
> OK.  The GCI tasks are supposed to be two hours work for an experienced
> developer and quantity of tasks completed counts (two things I only learned
> today.  I should have read the mentoring instructions more carefully).
> Splitting up the tasks for GTK3 might improve the situation for Aneesh.
>
> The other tasks aren't as large.

And some are much larger. The problem is, it is not possible to make
every task the same in terms of either time or difficultly. Not every
task can be broken down into small bites. As far as the overall
distribution of difficultly, I think the GTK3 manual is well within a
std dev of the mean.

-walter

--
Walter Bender