[Sugar-devel] Timing problem with GCI tasks

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 15:09:44 EST 2012

I just got a posting from Aneesh.  He has given up on the GTK3 porting, but
he did post patches for two examples.  I think the problem is that there
are too many samples to port to make a good GCC task.  I didn't realize
that they get credit based on number of tasks completed when I wrote mine
up.  To make it a better deal for Aneesh we can do a couple of things:

1).  We don't need *every *example to be ported.  The two he did plus one
more that includes toolbars (Maybe Sugar Commander, because that uses a
fair amount of GTK) could be one task.  We leave the others as exercises
for the student).

2).  Writing the chapter on how to do it could be a second task.

James Simmons