[Sugar-devel] porting an activity from olpcgames to sugargames

thorin kerr thorin.kerr at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 22:05:24 EDT 2012

I'm interested to see how you'll go to, since I'm in the middle of this
task too for the jam2jam activity -
http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4290.

For what it's worth: I've found the activity toolbars are relatively
straightforward. Olpcgames tends to turn callbacks into pygame events
using olpcgames.eventwrap.post, so you need to think of alternatives.
The time consuming part is re-implementing all the other sugar
functionality which olpcgames offerred wrappers for, such as networking and
the camera.

Thorin