[Sugar-devel] [Design] Accelerometer icon

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 06:21:37 EDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 11:12 PM, Gonzalo Odiard <gonzalo at laptop.org> wrote:
> I was thinking in Maze and Physics.
> Probably used in a ToggleButton, to enable/disable the use of the
> accelerometer data.

In games like Fraction Bounce, I use the accelerometer if it
available. If not, I fall; back to the keyboard. I think that would be
a reasonable approach for Maze as well.  Not sure what you have in
mind for Physics, which currently has no real user interaction once
the objects are created. Of course, I have a block for accessing
accelerometer data in Turtle Blocks. But I don't need to
enable/disable it, as its use is under the control of the Turtle
programmer.

-walter

> Gonzalo
>
> On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 9:42 PM, Gary C Martin <garycmartin at googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Gonzalo,
>>
>> Some weeks back you requested an icon to represent an accelerometer, or
>> accelerometer data. Can you give a little more context as to where you'd
>> like to use this icon? I'm currently thinking you might possibly want it in
>> the Memorize toolbar as a data source, in the Maze toolbar as an alternative
>> controller, Walter might want it if he implements a Newtonian Turtles
>> feature, and in the Physics toolbar as a way of enabling manual gravity
>> control – OK so that last one was mine ;)
>>
>> Regards,
>> --Gary

Walter Bender
Sugar Labs