[Sugar-devel] activity sandbox

Edward Mokurai Cherlin mokurai at sugarlabs.org
Wed Aug 29 11:46:35 EDT 2012

On Tue, August 28, 2012 9:49 am, blekros sugar wrote:
> I'd like to use Eclipse with PyDev on Windows to try to build activities.

There are Free Software Python IDEs such as Idle for Linux. Have you
looked at them?

> Has the Sugar shell been ported to Windows (x86) or Android or iOS or as a
> chrome / firefox plugin so that I can use my existing environments without
> VMWare or VirtualBox?

Sugar has not been ported to Windows for fundamental reasons.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Controversies#Porting_Sugar_to_Windows

> I can't find anything resembling an object model, or class diagram that
> shows the architectural breakdown of Sugar.   Where to look?

I have not seen anything in those forms. This is what I am aware of.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sugar_Architecture

> Thanks,
>
> Brad

Edward Mokurai (默雷/निशब्दगर्ज/نشبدگرج) Cherlin