[Sugar-devel] 0.98 status, today's developer meeting

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Tue Aug 28 09:37:35 EDT 2012

Hi,

I want to skip today's developer meeting as I have been busy with
getting 0.97.2 out of the door [1] and have a few more items on my plate
I can not skip. Let's do the reporting of the status async.

===touch===
0.97.2 is a milestone release with the changes discussed in [2] in
regards to touch that could be made in advance of the Shell port has
been made. Please test once it hits your build/distro/whatever and
report back.

===shell port===
Now, I want to freeze the shell for changes that we can rebase the
shell-port repo [3]. We are full steam ahead there, every hand that
wants to help can chime in. We coordinate on #sugar.

===0.98 Features===
The biggest non-touch and shell-port feature I am aware of for this
cycle is "Multi-Selection and Batch Operations on Journal entries" which
is currently under review. That can go on async.

Proxy configuration has seen some iterations already and is currently in
the review queue. Has to be ported to GTK+ 3 as well.

Yesterday, was the final date to accept Features, [4] is the final list.

If you have any questions you would have wanted to ask in the meeting
you can bring them up here. If you want to report about your progress
during the last week, you can do so here as well.

Cheers,
    Simon

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.98/Roadmap
[2] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Touch