[Sugar-devel] [Design] On Screen Keyboard – part of the 'get Sugar touch ready' feature set

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 13:02:13 EDT 2012

On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 8:04 AM, Gary Martin <garycmartin at googlemail.com> wrote:
> FWIW, I've added the output to the discussion page from Maliit listing the language files in a little more detail. I'll put up screenshots of the layouts once I'm a little further along with the style/layout changes (I need to do this as part of my layout change testing anyway):
>
>         http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/User_talk:Garycmartin/Maliit

Thanks Gary.  A good start.  As things stabilize I'd love to work with
folks to document the variants in more detail on the wiki (including
links to the XML files) in a manner similar to the way the OLPC xkb
designs are documented on w.l.o

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Category:Keyboard_layouts

There is huge i18n/L10n potential and I can imagine a lot of interest
in developing additional keyboard XML files to capture scripts that
are not on Maliit's radar screen yet.

cjl