[Sugar-devel] python-speaking unix-guru user interface prototype implementer(s) and design critics/contributors solicited

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 21:55:11 EDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 7:38 AM, Johnson Chetty <johnsonchetty at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Chris, much appreciated! I would be a bit lost without that.
> However, we also need Hindi / Indic language support, since these are
> children from rural areas, English would be a second language.
> I'll be happy to work with Aleksey to see how exactly we can get those up
> and running in the Hindi and Marathi languages. We can do translation of
> strings in these languages..

Making Sweets available for translation in Hindi and Marathi is simple
(and now done on the Pootle server).  However, you should also realize
that this is truly part of a a software "stack".  Sweets strings build
on top of Dextrose strings, which build on top of Glucose strings, all
of which is just to create the environment where the strings from the
Fructose and Honey activities can be presented and used.

I'd encourage you to reach out to the OLPC India [1] list and join the
L10n list [2] to coordinate a crowd-sourced translation effort to
finish off those projects in those languages,

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator