[Sugar-devel] python-speaking unix-guru user interface prototype implementer(s) and design critics/contributors solicited

Johnson Chetty johnsonchetty at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 07:38:11 EDT 2012

On 24 August 2012 14:25, Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 2:53 AM, Johnson Chetty <johnsonchetty at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >> My suggestion would be to download and install the experimental XO
> images
> >> and start testing the access to the Sugar Network client (Red Azúcar)
> using
> >> it for documenting your feedback if possible (greatly appreciated even
> if it
> >> is in English).
> > Hello,
> >
> > Yes this sounds good! I have seen the web site and links.
> > I can try to get some devices loaded with the test pieces in September.
> > Your wiki is in Spanish! I hope the interface isn't!
>
> Aleksey is coding the UI in English (for i18n commonality) and setting
> up proper i18n so the UI can be localized as needed.
>
> http://translate.sugarlabs.org/projects/sweets/
>
> This project (and it's various elements) is currently set up mostly
> for the Peruvian languages as it is in the development stage, other
> languages can be added when needed.

Thanks Chris, much appreciated! I would be a bit lost without that.
However, we also need Hindi / Indic language support, since these are
children from rural areas, English would be a second language.
I'll be happy to work with Aleksey to see how exactly we can get those up
and running in the Hindi and Marathi languages. We can do translation of
strings in these languages..

Thanks,

cjl
> Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator