[Sugar-devel] Key accelerators on the XO

S. Daniel Francis francis at sugarlabs.org
Sat Aug 18 19:20:28 EDT 2012

2012/8/18 Frederick Grose <fgrose at gmail.com>:

> On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 12:14 PM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Delete doesn't typically have a F key associated with it (or any
>> accelerator that I am aware of).
>>

> fn Erase seems to be Delete.
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Keyboard#Missing_Keys

Thank you.
I think the 'erase' key will be the must appropriated accelerator for
my activity, it's as quick as the 'delete' key, but I'll check if it
doesn't generate a conflict with the text entries. If any conflict
appears, fn erase will be ok.

Cheers,
~danielf

P.S: Looking well at the membrane keyboards, they aren't already as
comfortable as the mechanical keyboards because when I press some big
keys like the space bar, they only move down the part of the key where
my finger is, unlike the mechanical keyboards. The <Control> key is
for quick actions, and that key is usually at the left bottom corner,
when that key isn't there (case of the XO keyboard), it's still more
uncomfortable.