[Sugar-devel] Unicode strings in translations

Manuel Kaufmann humitos at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 21:41:06 EDT 2012

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 5:00 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd vote for gettext.install('po', unicode=True) everywhere. All Sugar
> builds have been in the utf-8 era, so this should work even in
> extremely old builds.

What do you mean with "everywhere" here? Adding "gettext.install('po',
unicode=True)" in all of the activities or adding it in the
sugar-toolkit's Activity class?

I'm worried about how is Sugar telling "gettext" where it should look
for the .po files? I mean, I didn't find a similar line
(gettext.install) in the Sugar's code?

See you,

--
Kaufmann Manuel