[Sugar-devel] #3797 localization UNSP: Update pootle strings for Graph Plotter

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 23:08:39 EDT 2012

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 6:30 PM, S. Daniel Francis
<francis at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> 2012/8/12 Sugar Labs Bugs <bugtracker-noreply at sugarlabs.org>:
>> Comment:
>>
>>  I fixed it manually.
>>
>>  When you touch files in the /po dir in Gitorious it gets out of synch with
>>  the local copy that Pootle holds (and uses to recalculate the POT
>>  template) and this causes a failure to update the POT.  The POT is now up-
>>  to-date in Poolte and commits from Pootle will work (instead of fail).
>>
>>  Closing as fixed.
>>
>>  cjl
>
> I forgot to say I'm sorry.
>
> I prefer asking it out of bugs.sl.org:
> I'm looking the Spanish translations on pootle and the new strings
> aren't there. Is pootle going to check my activity and make a new pot
> file? or it isn't completely ´fixed´?
> I note I received a commit from pootle with a small change at the file header.
>
> Cheers.
> ~danielf

Initial investigation showed a lack of synchrony between Gitorious and
Pootle local git copy of about 28 commits.  The common cause of this
is direct commit to the /po dir by the dev.

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Translation_Team/i18n_Best_Practices#Do_not_touch_anything_inside_your_po_directory

Manual re-synch was performed, all indications are that POT updates
are happening as normal.  Please specify a string that is not
appearing in the PO so that a closer examination can be performed.

cjl