[Sugar-devel] [sugar 0.98 PATCH] sl#1630, sl#3325: Support for mobile broadband provider database, plus ensure that all settings are persisted.

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 13:29:51 EDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 1:16 PM, Ruben Rodríguez
<ruben at activitycentral.com> wrote:
> 2012/7/29 Ajay Garg <ajay at activitycentral.com>:
>> Hi all.
>>
>> Kindly review the patch, so that progress may be made in pushing this :)
>
> I tried the patch, and found the following details to fix:
>
> * The makefiles should list config.py as shown in the attached patch.
> * The country list is sorted by country name in the local language,
> but shown in English (e.g. Egypt, Spain, Ethiopia)

*sigh*  I guess this will be yet another PO file with a big collection
of country names (or language names) to localize.   It is not too bad
when the ISO-code PO files are in good shape, but they are not always
very complete in some languages.

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=iso-codes/iso-codes.git;a=tree

The number of times a list language names is in the PO files of things
we use has already had me wondering if there might be some way to
directly exploit the ISO-639 (and maybe ISO-3166) PO files, rather
than just doing the copy/paste from them into multiple PO files.  Some
smart dev might think about that. . .

Anyway, bring on the country names and we'll turn the localizers loose
on them.  I wonder if I shouldn't start hosting the ISO-3166 PO files
locally anyway, especially if Alan keeps going with his
"Conozco"-series of region specific geography activities.

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator