[Sugar-devel] Proposal: Adding Manuel Quiñones as a Sugar shell maintainer

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Tue Aug 7 10:51:16 EDT 2012

Hi,

Something I wanted to propose in todays developer meeting (but as it did
not happen), I send it here for an async proposal.

We are short on maintainers and we have to grow new members that helps
us share the load. The patch list is long and help in that regard will
be appreciated that especially small patches do not take so long to get in.

Lately Manuel Quiñones have been stepping up as a Sugar module
maintainer. He is already maintaining sugar-artwork and
sugar-toolkit-gtk3 [1]. He has been showing great talent with porting
the Browse activity to WebkitGtk [2] and he has been working on porting
the Sugar theme and the sugar-toolkit to GTK+ 3.

We are currently working on the shell port to GTK+ 3 and introspection
and Manuel has been advancing already quite a lot [3]. As all of those
Sugar sub-modules are interlinked I think it makes absolute sense to add
him as a maintainer to the Sugar shell as well.

To make sure: the general work-flow should not change, patches have to
be sent to the mailing list for review. For non-trivial reviews a
maintainer should have at least one review, preferred a review and
acknowledgment from another maintainer. It is good practice to leave a
patch for a few days so everyone maintainer can at least have a high
level look if he disagrees with an approach.

I hope we can address the issues listed in that way,
    Simon

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Development_Team/Release/Modules
[2] http://git.sugarlabs.org/browse
[3] http://git.sugarlabs.org/~manuq/sugar/manuqs-erikos-shell-port