[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Revisiting Read Activity default font

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 10:19:49 EDT 2012

Gonzalo,

I don't know how many books for younger readers have ASCII art in their
plain text versions, but I do know of one book that has a ton of it,
because it is one of my donations to Project Gutenberg:

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/39442

I modified Read Etexts because I felt that my own e-book reader should be
able to read my own donation.  When I originally wrote Read Etexts Read
only supported PDF, so my own Activity made a lot of books available that
you could not get before.  Now that Read supports EPUB (and does it better
than the Nook does) plain text may not be an attractive option for children.

The main screenshot for the Activity in ASLO shows reading a book using
monospace font:

http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4035

James Simmons