[Sugar-devel] Wiki login

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Wed Apr 25 02:19:04 EDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-04-24 at 10:20 -0700, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-04-23 at 22:47 -0400, Frederick Grose wrote:
>
> > Sorry for offering false hope.  It seems that there are problems with
> > all the available methods of new account creation, as well as with the
> > OpenID authentication.
> >
> > With a new account name and selecting the sugarlabs domain option, the
> > 'Login error, incorrect password..' message appears.
> >
> > Selecting the local domain option instead just results in a blank
> > screen.
> >
> > We need Bernie's help now.
>
> Works for my account. Which username and password are you using with the
> sugarlabs domain? It should be your ldap password, the one that is
> associated with your shell account on Sunjammer.
>
> As for OpenID, I still couldn't find the time to test. Sorry about this,
> I don't even have the time to read my personal email lately :-(

Ok, I've finally fixed it. Apologies for taking so much time and thanks
for working around the issue by re-enabling user creation in the wiki.

TL;DR: if you don't care about the technical details, you can stop
reading now.

There were two separate issues:

 - We still had php-openid 2.1.3 installed. I upgraded it to 2.2.2
   made the OpenID authentication get through

 - The OpenID extension now honors the MediaWiki setting for disallowing
   the creation of new user accounts and gives only the option to bind
   the OpenID identity with an existing account. This is generally a
   good policy, but not for our particular case. Lacking a cleaner
   solution, I simply commented out the check in the code.

I tested two OpenID providers: SourceForge and Google. Both worked fine,
while my personal id.sugarlabs.org is rejected because the SSL
certificate is expired. We should fix that. Luke, could you please take
care of this?

--
Bernie Innocenti
Sugar Labs Infrastructure Team