[Sugar-devel] GTK3 in Debian Testing

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 16:56:00 EDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 9:45 PM, Manuel Kaufmann <humitos at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm writing you to ask about GKT3 in Debian Testing. The thing is that
> I was trying to port Help Activity to Gtk3 and WebKit and I realized
> that the icons on the top toolbar are not shown. In fact, I made a
> PATCH (that ports the activity) and "manuq" told me it works properly
> in Fedora 16.
>
> So, the problem is with my own libraries and I couldn't find it yet.
>
> The same happens to me with Browse Activity. I can start it but I
> don't see the icons on the top bar. Actually, they are there because I
> can click on them.
>
> Do you have a clue about this?

I'm not 100% sure about Debian but I know with Fedora there's a number
of specific versions of various deps that you need, in the early dev
cycle on F-17 we had to patch a few bits n pieces. From memory (and I
might be wildly wrong here) there was specific versions of librsvg2,
pygobject3 gtk3 and webkit that were needed.

Peter