[Sugar-devel] Browse or Moodle-XS error - Redirect Loop Redirection limit reached

David Leeming david at leeming-consulting.com
Mon Apr 23 02:08:31 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am running a training session on the school server but not sure if my
problem is Browse or XS so copying to both lists.

The trainees are teachers, learning the basics - they have zero computing
experience. We are using Browse 129.1 and XS 0.6 with current updates. They
have learned to connect to the wireless network and register. The group size
is 25 and there are more than one (4 actually) physical access points.

Moodle-XS is used to present links to folders of resources via URL aliases.
Example, a link such as

http://schoolserver/MyResource pointing at folder /library/myresource

thus, the resources don't actually need Moodle to work.

Suddenly all the trainees when trying to access the server Moodle pages with
Browse get the error:

Redirect Loop : Redirection limit for this URL exceeded.

I can type in the URL alias http://schoolserver/MyResource manually and it
will display the content OK.

So it seems to be a Moodle issue? How to deal with it? I have never seen
this before ...

David