[Sugar-devel] Gamepad keys in jhbuild

Manuel Kaufmann humitos at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 11:11:46 EDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 11:42, Manuel Kaufmann <humitos at gmail.com> wrote:
> In fact, if I run "xev" from the Terminal Activity I can see the codes:

I was chatting with "silbe" on IRC and we found that the problem is
Xephyr doesn't change your X server configuration, so if you started
Xephyr with Numlock enabled you won't be able to change that from the
sugar-emulator window.

So, if you start Xephyr with Numlock disabled you will get the correct
keycodes and keynames that map to the gamepad keys (on the XO) and you
will test all the Activities that use the gamepad :)

Note:

We realized this because we saw that the keycodes inside the Xephyr we
got with "xev" command were the same that the keycodes in the XO but
not the keynames.

--
Kaufmann Manuel
Blog: http://humitos.wordpress.com/