[Sugar-devel] [SWEETS] Collaboration through ad-hoc

Aleksey Lim alsroot at sugarlabs.org
Sat Apr 14 01:19:23 EDT 2012

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 03:24:17PM -0300, Esteban Bordón wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm testing collaboration between a laptop XO 1.75 with F14-Sugar 0.94 and
> a Classmate PC with Sweets Distribution (using Factory repo) on Ubuntu
> 10.04. The steps done are:
>
> * XO starts Chat Activity and share
> * classmate's neighborhood show the chat icon shared
> * When open the shared activity, I don't see any message sent by the XO
>
> If Classmate share the activity, this isn't shown in XO's neighborhood
>
> I attach logs of the first case.

Thanks.

To be honest, telepathy-salut (i.e., not jabbeer connection) was not
properly tested in Factory (and I found some issues, after brief try,
as well).  Will look to the code asap and reply to the mailing list.

Some notes for further testing, would be useful to have the same
packages on all sides that take part in collaboration.

Unfortunately, ARM (XO-1.75) is not yet supported in Sweets
Distribution. It is not a priority [for SD starting up period] because
the first XO based deployment (in Peru) will happen for x86
(XO-1, XO-1.5). Any help from people who [want to] knows how
Open Build System [1] works and how to attach ARM distros there,
are welcome.

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Platform_Team/Open_Build_System

--
Aleksey