[Sugar-devel] MP4 playback on XO-1.75?

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 18:34:26 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I just tried playing back the downloaded version of the recent littleBits
TED talk (
http://www.ted.com/talks/ayah_bdeir_building_blocks_that_blink_beep_and_teach.html
)
on an XO-1.75 but couldn't get it to work regardless of what I tried. In
the past I always used the mplayer version that came with Flavio's JAMedia
Activity to watch videos on XOs but that doesn't seem to work. Under Gnome
the Movie Player asks for additional codecs but upon trying to install them
there's a long error message which I think is trying to tell me that the
necessary codecs aren't available for the ARM architecture.

To make a long story short: Is there a way to watch MP4 videos on an
XO-1.75 at this point in time? :-)

Thanks,
Christoph

--