[Sugar-devel] [Localization] 0.94 Branching

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 22:37:01 EDT 2011

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 6:03 AM, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we have been branching [1] off 'sucrose-0.94' with the Sucrose 0.93.5
> release [2].
>
> This is important to have the master branch available again for new
> development. The 'sucrose-0.94' will be used to host further stable
> development.
>
> The following branches have been created:
>
> - sugar (branched off at version 0.93.5)
> - sugar-toolkit (branched off at version 0.93.4)
> - sugar-artwork (branched off at version 0.93.4)
> - sugar-base (branched off at version 0.93.2)
> - sugar-datastore (branched off at version 0.93.2)
>
> Pootle has to be updated accordingly and branches for sucrose-0.94 have to
> be created.
>
> Regards,
>   Simon
>
> [1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Development_Team/Release#Branching
> [2] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.94/Roadmap#Schedule

Thanks to alsroot, Glucose branching in Pootle (freezing a glucose94
version) has been completed,

Glucose
http://translate.sugarlabs.org/projects/glucose/

Glucose 0.94
http://translate.sugarlabs.org/projects/glucose94/

There has a change in the Pootle project for sugar-update-control.po

http://git.sugarlabs.org/sugar-update-control

It formerly lived in Glucose on Pootle, but after discussing it with
Daniel Drake this has been changed.  This is an OLPC-specific update
component, and Daniel wants it to avoid the glucose branching process
and so we've agreed to move it into the OLPC Software project which
already contains the Sugar-Gnome switching panel specific to OLPC
dual-boot builds.  We've moved any completed strings as well.

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator