[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Portfolio feedback

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Fri Sep 23 05:41:01 EDT 2011

Hi,

the portfolio activity has been included into build os6 [1]. Here a
quick feedback:

- it is great: I wanted to have a tool to show the pictures I have been
drawing for a while!

- some icons in the toolbar have not been as clear to me: the thumbnail
view one for example which switches to the thumbnail view

- the thumbnail icon and presentation icon do not have a hovering to
know what they do

- the 'Autoplay' icon and the 'Refresh' icon look quite similar

- there is a separator between the < > buttons and the autoplay+adjust
playback speed buttons, don't they belong to the same group of actions?

- the 'Save as html' option should maybe be under the activity toolbar
as in Write or other activities

- when you save as html the entry that gets created is named '<nick
name> Portfolio'. I would have expected to base it on the activity title

- when you save as html the entry that gets created has the Browse icon
associated, I think it would be better to have an icon like a file
(text, html or whatever) at least before it has been resumed once

Regards,
    Simon

[1] http://build.laptop.org/11.3.0/os6/ (Note: the 1.75 are currently
broken)