[Sugar-devel] Memorize testing version

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Sat Sep 17 01:21:29 EDT 2011

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 11:42 PM, Gary Martin <garycmartin at googlemail.com>wrote:

> Hi Gonzalo,
>
> On 16 Sep 2011, at 02:14, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
>
> > I have uploaded a new version of Memorize [1],
> > with the changes we discussed in irc today, and a few more fixes.
> > * Auto save of modified games (but no demos)
> > * Alerts with new texts.
> > * Change to equal tiles mode fixes.
> > * Remove hippo dependency.
> > Any feedback is welcomed
>
> Just managed to take a quick look tonight. On an XO the Stop button falls
> off the toolbar into the overflow menu. Couple of suggestions to rectify it:
>
> - Use separator.set_size_request(0, -1) on the invisible separator that is
> used to push the Stop button to the right, otherwise it takes up some space
> and can trigger an overflow.
>
> - We can drop the separator between 'Restart Game' and the 'Equal Pairs'
> icon

Thanks! Just in time to the release :)
I needed remove the intermediate separator and do the set_size_request, but
we will have problems with other languages.
The spanish translation of 'Load demo games' is 'Cargar juegos de
demostracion' and two buttons are out :(
May be we can use a collection button (with a box, like in abacus or turtle
art?

> Some suggested string changes:
>
> - 'Click for non equal pairs' should be 'Set non equal pairs'
>
> - 'Click for equal pairs' should be 'Set equal pairs'
>
> - 'Click for ungrouped game' should be 'Set ungrouped game'
>
> - 'Click for grouped game' should be 'Set grouped game'

Perfect, applied.

> Other than that it's looking good! :)

I will try to publish one new version tomorrow.
May be the Monday we can discuss the demos combo substitution in the Design
chat.

Gonzalo