[Sugar-devel] Please get surf-115.xo nominated and thus visible on ASLO

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 04:48:28 EDT 2011

Hi Lucian,

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 9:09 AM, Lucian Branescu
<lucian.branescu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Surf is simply not ready, and broken in many ways. I haven't had time
> to work on it, or Browse for that matter.
>
> Also, a fully working Surf requires moving to pygobject-introspection
> (in the whole of sugar-toolkit), which might require moving to gtk3 as
> well.

I'm fully aware of the issues with Surf and Browse, what we need is a
Surf in its current incarnation that works with sugar 0/93/0.94 as it
seems it currently dies on Fedora 16, a working Browser is the only
thing currently blocking an entirely working Sugar environment on
Fedora 16.

So would it be possible for you to review the crash and fix up the
issue? Does the aforementioned 106 do that, the current version I have
is 115.

Peter