[Sugar-devel] New toolbar in Memorize

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Fri Sep 9 13:44:03 EDT 2011

2011/9/9 manuel quiñones <manuq at laptop.org>

> As Simon said, I think that the cog button should toggle to edit mode
> directly, no need for a "click to edit" toggle button in the
> subtoolbar.  As it is a toggle, we should disable activation when
> hovering on it (I think this has to be done globally for al toggles in
> a toolbox, maybe a Sugar change?).

I think this behavior will be inconsistent with all the other activities.
We discussed this a lot when implemented  Record toolbars.

> We should replace the current "click to edit" button with a "New game"
> button to start from scratch.  The icon can be the one for "click to
> edit".
>

> We should change the icon for "restart game", maybe using the sparkle
> alone?  Something in the line of this?
>
> http://dev.laptop.org/~manuq/memorize_design/memorize_restart_button.png

Hmm, I don't like it. May be we can use a single big sparkle. And change the
icon in other similar cases,
like implode.

> For the clear game button, we may use the icon 'X' inside a square
> fill, as in Gary's mockup here:
>
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/File:Memorize_edit_toolbar_view.png

Yes, this is true. I will replace it

> Another thing: I expect that if I edit a game and then come back to
> play mode, I get the modified game reloaded.

Good point. May be, can be updated when we save the game.
If the user restart the game must use the new updated tiles.

> I would like to discuss this topics in the design meeting next Monday.

Ok, thanks by the review!